What It Is.
Hello aspiring writers! — whether you are a budding poet, novelist, scriptwriter, or haven’t yetmade up your mind, the Inky Fingers Writers’ Group is for YOU. We meet to read and talk about each other’s work in a fun, safe, and constructive environment. It is a unique (and free) opportunity to get feedback, to experience new writing, and to hear your work read aloud: and best of all, it is anonymous, so you can feel completely at ease.
How We Work.
- Every month a group of writers meets in the front room of the Forest Café to discuss their work. Each member submits a piece of writing for the group, these are anonymised and printed out, everyone is given one piece to read, and then we take turns reading the piece aloud and giving feedback.
- To attend for a session, just drop us an email at email@example.com, with a piece of your writing attached. Any genre, and extracts are certainly allowed, but the limit is about 500 words, so that we’ve time to read them all. Also, please use either .pdf, .odt or .doc (not .docx!) file formats.
- Come along on the night, and we will read each piece aloud and chat about it. (Let us know if you’re not going to be able to attend, so that we can make your space available to someone else.) Bring wine! Bring cake! Bring a notepad! Bring your wonderful mind!
- Places are limited, so please send your email a few days in advance to make sure you get a space. (Please note also, that only those who have submitted a piece themselves can come – if you want to just come and listen to amazing new writing, then please come to our Open Mic.)
- The discussion is really informal, so don’t feel you have to be an authority on literary criticism, or, well, on anything.
What Folk Have Said.
“I have always wanted to attend a group like this to share and get feedback on my work. However, I was always too nervous to share my work with so many other writers at one time. The Inky Fingers method is very good because it allows you to share your work anonymously, while still receiving feedback. I found it to be an excellent experience with lots of good discussion amongst a very nice bunch of people.”
“Great, very welcoming group!”
“This discussion gave me the confidence to get up at the next Inky Fingers open mic event and read one of my stories on stage, something I have never done before.”
“The atmosphere was great and the other authors present were an interesting bunch!”
Time and Place.
Our next session will be Thursday 9th June.