The Inky Fingers Minifest is back, and needs you to help make it happen!
Inky Fingers needs you. We’re organising a second ambitious minifestival of spoken word across Edinburgh from the 6th to the 11th of August, and we need a team of enthusiastic volunteers to help make it the huge success we know it can be. Jobs will involve helping to:
– Manage events
– Look after performers
– Distribute promo
– Keep the festival running smoothly
You would need to be available for at least three 4-6 hour shifts between the 6th and the 11th, and for planning / induction meetings on either Saturday 28th July or Saturday 4th August. Additional help in the run up to the festival would also be welcome.
We run the Minifest for the love of it: none of the organisers are getting paid at all. As a volunteer, in return for your work
– We’ll train you in the skills you’re most interested in
– You’ll get a guaranteed slot at one of the three Minifest open mics, if you want it;
– You’ll also get to be part of making an extraordinary and pioneering festival happen. You’ll be right in there at the beginning of a new festival, which is fantastic CV fodder;
– We’ll happily give you a professional reference in the future;
– And we’re also working on sourcing some free food and drink for the days you’re working
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday Sunday 22nd July — just tell us a bit about yourself, your experience, why you want to be part of the Minifest, and your schedule / other commitments during the Minifest period.
See the blog below from Mairi, our newest volunteer, about her experiences.